Which is the best RSS Feed Reader for you, for me?
There are several considerations to choose RSS Feed Reader...
- Which platforms should it cover? I am a regular user of web and Android for this aspect.
- Offline content? I would surely like to, I want to, have it. I don't care about mobile data usage of couple of hundred MB.
- Tags? I don't care.. my all subscriptions are very well arranged in folders.
- Free/Paid? Willing to pay, considering all my these considerations are met.
- Ready categories/channels to subscribe to? I don't need. I subscribe to feeds which ever individual sites I am interested in.
Was Google Reader perfect?
Yes and no, but eventually it was. This is how.. Google Reader had a very nice online interface with lots of features (I did not like the feed statistics moving away), and GoodNews Reader was a great Android app to provide very effective offline Android reading experience which used Google Reader APIs, making Google Reader the perfect choice. (GoodNews Reader had to shut-down after Google took life of Google Reader)
Now, which are the options after demise of Google Reader?
- Online and Android - platforms of my interest
- Fast: Everybody likes fast software
- Well organizable: Setup your folders the way you like those...
- Requires internet connection.. always... this a very very terrible con.
- No offline content saving which means you spend good amount of time waiting for the content to appear, even-tough the UI is fast.