Secure internet browsing is a simple tasks to achieve and its very rewarding as well.
Install these two addons on your favourite browser:Adblock Plus:
- It blocks most of the ads by detecting where the ads are loading from.
- It also gives you option to sync the blocked list to multiple browsers of yours.
- Works amazingly well.
- Website: https://adblockplus.org/
- Addon for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/Element Hiding Helper:
- Block what you want. It sits on top of the Adblock Plus and lets you choose which part of the webpage you want to block.
- With help of this, I have been blocking ads inside my Gmail, Google Search, etc. for years now.
- Advance view works wonders.
- Website: https://adblockplus.org/en/elemhidehelper
- Addon for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/elemhidehelper/
WOT (Web Of Trust) Safe Surfing:
- Checks and shows you warning before you start browsing a webpage.
- Most important addon when you browse social internet sites because they are lots of spam link you come across.
- I have set its warning mechanism to alert me only for website with negative ratings in my Google/any search result.
- Website: http://www.mywot.com/en/download
- Addon for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/wot-safe-browsing-tool/
- Do not let unwanted flash/silverlight ads and videos to play as soon as you land on a page.
- Easily let's you choose which flash on the page you want to play.
- Syncs your settings across your all browsers.
- Website: http://flashblock.mozdev.org/
- Addon for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flashblock/
- Do not let search engines gather your data, searches and use those for selling stuff to you.
- Website: https://duckduckgo.com/
- Private browsing:
- Use feature in your browser, generally called - Private Browsing.
- Very useful when surfing from a public computer or from at friends'.
- Enable this feature so that none of your data, browsing history gets logged on that browser, computer.
Happy safe and secure browsing!